I hate to burst into my emotional bubble here, but I’ve reached the point of the year again where I’m deeply analysing how my year went. And I’m insanely happy I’ve ended up here.
I’m stoked to see what 2016 has in store for me, but for now let me just reminisce. Over the past months, I have encountered, realized and learned a lot of things. 2015 is a struggle for me. It was such a roller coaster ride of emotions that I will never forget – heartaches, heartbreaks, the disappointments I gave, the friends & love I lost, the opportunities I’ve wasted, wrong decisions, and so on. But there is always a lesson or something positive to be derived from every situation in life. There’s a reason why bad things happen, and it’s always because life wants to save us from making mistakes, or to prepare us for something better coming. I would like to share the 5 major things I wanna tell myself before I welcome a fresh and new year:
1. “Trust your instincts”. Never ignore your first instinct just because it isn’t what you want to believe.
2. “This too shall pass”. No matter what you’re going through today, fight the pain and the sadness, you will get out of it.
3. “You deserve to be happy.” Simply because you deserve it.
4. “Learn to love yourself a little more.” Be gentle to yourself.
5. “Take it easy.” Breathe and let go of all the negativities.
Happy (almost) New Year! xx