I often read about the things people hate the most about themselves, their insecurities, flaws and etcetera. I know we can’t avoid such things but we have to keep our self-esteem as high as possible.
Sometimes, we need to breathe and appreciate all the good things we have. We are so busy noticing our flaws and imperfections that we tend to forget recognizing the good things we actually have. Today, my brother and I had a little photo shoot, in my request, because I haven’t updated my blog since last Saturday (I know, it’s been a week). I chose not to wear makeup for the reasons that I’ll be talking about the things I love about myself and I want to at least try to love the way I look without anything on, to love myself as I am. That sounds very deep but let’s move on to the topic. Here’s the 8 things I love about myself:
1. Natural tan skin. I was actually confused if I have an olive or tan skin but whatever I love it. I used to cry when I was a kid because I want a fair skin. I couldn’t imagine myself!!! Haha. But now I want a darker skin because.. It. Looks. Very. Gorgeous♡
2. Thick brows. I’m actually in the process of having them back to how thick it really was. I just love how it is turning out. I have straight brows but I have it regularly trimmed. And now I’m growing them again.
3. I’m contented with who I am and what I have. I’m so over I-freaking-hate-myself stage. Admit it. There came a point in our lives that we hated ourselves too much. We curse ourselves. We want this, we want that. Thank goodness I’m done with it. I’ve been there and I never want to go back. I love who I am, where I am, what I achieved and everything. To my younger readers, don’t feel sad because eventually you’ll overcome your little insecurities :)
4. My hair. I am so obsessed with my long hair regardless of how ugly and how dry it is (because I’ve dyed it gazillion times). I’m so addicted to it. Ha! I remembered cutting 16 inches of it. It broke my heart. Well, I was really heartbroken that time. Hahahaha. WHAT DID I JUSDFGHJKLQWERTYUIOP…? Okay, now I’m choking :p
5. I am a Fashionista. There. I said it. I consider myself as a Fashionista, not because I think I’m good at playing dressing up, but because I have a deep passion for fashion and styling.
6. I am free-spirited. I act in a free way without worrying about what would other people think about me. I don’t care about social judgments. I just go with the flow of life and do the things that make me happy.
7. Wishing to be someone else is a misery. Just like what I’ve just said in #3, I’m contented with who I am and what I have. I don’t want to complicate things and wish for impossible things. I am proud of who I am. As Kurt Cobain said “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”
8. IT IS DEFINITELY FUN TO “FAE”. I have to make the sentence capitalized because it’s really fun to be me. Just me. Do I need to say more?
I thought picking this topic would be very hard and challenging for me but it’s not. I’ve been wanting to blog about it since last week and I actually tried to make a draft post but ended up writing nothing. I cannot think of any reasons why I love myself or the things I love about myself until I sat down in front of my laptop, turned off the light and started typing. Surprisingly, I’ve written a lot because I write from the heart :) Let’s love ourselves a little bit more! Feel free to share the things you love the most about yourselves below! :)